Wednesday, December 7, 2011

White Chocolate Fudge- with cashews

Today we start our Chocolate making process. We usually start on Monday and do it for an entire week. My sister is flying in and couldn't come until today, so we are attempting the impossible. Wish us luck.
In honor of chocolate week, I thought I would post my White Chocolate Fudge recipe from my guest post a few weeks ago. I've added a few little details I forgot the first time around.


I am so excited to share one of my favorite holiday traditions, CHOCOLATE. My mother, sisters and I spend a week after Thanksgiving making around 350 pounds of hand-dipped chocolates. You can read more about it HERE

Not everyone has an amazing mom like me to sit next to them and help them dip chocolates for their neighbors, co-workers and friends. So, I thought I'd give you something almost as good, our recipe for White Chocolate Fudge with cashews. It's to die for. 
It's easy to make yet your neighbors will think you're a professional candy maker. This just may become your newest secret family recipe. 


** A cube of Butter is a stick or 1/2 cup butter**
***The evaporated milk is a 16 oz can***
Another important thing I forgot is, you don't want to scrap the sides of your pan when pouring the hot liquid into the mixer. It will sometimes make your fudge grainy.

Once you've let it set for a couple hours somewhere cold, turn your pan over and let some hot water run over the bottom of the pan. Make sure to hold you fingers over the opening so that your fudge doesn't drop into the sink. After a couple of seconds of hot water the fudge should release.

Drop the pan over onto parchment paper so you can cut it into pieces. I got out my ruler to cut 20 even pieces. Once cut, I wrapped each piece in plastic wrap.

You can deliver your fudge as is or you can dress it up in one of these SWEET bags:
They are the perfect size for one or two pieces of fudge.

I printed this fun images onto Paper sacks from Michaels.
(CELEBRATE IT, paper sacks, 3-1/2" x 2" x 6-3/4", 16 pieces)

To make your own, down load the file HERE.

***To print, click on PRINT in FILE menu. Then click OPEN WITH PREVIEW. Then click on PRINT in preview FILE menu. When the print options box opens change paper size from standard to untitled.  Tape down the bottom flap on the back and print. ***

If making fudge is not for you, you can still fill the sacks with you favorite holiday goodie. 

Hope your holidays are SWEET!

7 comments:

skippysays said...

Wow, this looks dangerously delicious!!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Erin said...

i wish i was your sister!!

i will have to settle for making this delicious looking fudge! :)

Ellie said...

Um, I made the fudge...and it will not last very long!!! HEAVEN! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jessica Nelson said...

Oh man....my mouth is watering. I adore chocolate. Every day is sweet for me. LOL

Cynthia said...

I am making this right now! I sure hope it turns out half as good as yours! The cashews look yummy. I am trying it with pistachios & dried cranberries for a 'Christmas' look. I've NEVER made a decent fudge. Here's hoping I am finally able to do it!

Marcia said...

I've had a zillion compliments on this fudge. Thanks, Kalleen!

Mary said...

This was my first attempt at fudge and let me tell you...I'm impressed that I'm such a great candymaker, haha! This was fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I'll definitely be making it again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails